NHUG was formed by the merging of two regional HVAC Groups that were conducting meetings independently.
- Southeast's NHUG (NRC Region 1 and 2) established HUG in 1992.
- Midwest's HUG (NRC Region 3) established HUG in 1992.
The first NHUG
regional meetings were hosted by member Utilities consisting of SCE&G
, Niagra Mohawk
while the HUG meetings were hosted by Commonwealth Edison
and were held in Chicago. Each group met twice per year. The two groups
combined in 1995, and the new group was called NHUG
. NHUG was incorporated in 1997 in
Illinois with charter and Bylaws.
is a Utility Group that promotes and achieves industry excellence through improved
performance in the heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) area through
communication and training.
- Industry excellence through communication and training (NHUG Motto)
- Train personnel in nuclear power plant HVAC systems
- Provide a forum to address nuclear HVAC issues collectively
- Provide collective approach to problem solving techniques
- Provide industry input on regulatory issues concerning HVAC systems
- Provide an organization that is capable of working with other organizations in developing industry guidance documents for nuclear HVAC system applications